Beginning to plan a life abroad English teaching? It’s bound to fill your mind with all kinds of questions, big and small.
We know, and that’s why we’ve put together the most commonly asked questions about the field of TEFL, getting hired, our courses and how best to study.
Prefer to talk to a TEFL advisor? Request a callback, and we’ll get right to offering expert personal guidance.
Before you get TEFL certified
- Why should I choose Premier TEFL, there are so many TEFL training options?
- How do I get TEFL certified?
- How do I pay for my TEFL course?
- I have a promo code but I forgot to enter it at the checkout. Can I do that later?
- What is included in the course?
- What level of English do I need to take a TEFL course?
- What education level is required to become a TEFL teacher?
- What do I need to be eligible for a TEFL course?
- What does a level 5 TEFL course mean?
- Is a level 5 TEFL course worth it?
- Why take a level 5 TEFL course?
- Are Premier TEFL courses accredited?
- Why have accreditation with TQUK?
- How long do I have to study the course?
- What if I have any questions during my course?
- Can I purchase a course now but start at a later date?
Studying for your TEFL certification
- How do I log in?
- What if I have forgotten or lost my password?
- If I have bought a course that includes specialist courses how do I study each course?
- What if I want to change my details, such as my address?
- Can I go back to study in the same place where I left?
- Can I look back on areas I have already studied?
- Can I study offline? How do I download course material?
- Can I study on any device?
When you have finished studying your course
The next step - the world of teaching English
- Can I get help securing a TEFL job?
- How should I prepare for a TEFL interview?
- Handling knock backs; getting rejected from a TEFL job
- How do I choose between a TEFL job or TEFL internship?
- How should a TEFL resumé / CV look?
- Can couples and friends get TEFL jobs together?
- Will TEFL be good for my career, even if I don’t plan to teach forever?
Tell me about TEFL
How to start a TEFL career
- Is CELTA worth the money?
- Is TEFL right for me?
- What is a TEFL internship?
- What is a TEFL job?
- Is TEFL expensive?
- Can I teach English abroad without speaking another language?
- Can I teach English as a non-native English speaker?
- Can I do a TEFL course part-time?
- Where can I find a TEFL job?
- What documents may be needed for a TEFL job or internship?
- How do I obtain a police background check?
- Can I use TEFL to volunteer?
Everything you need to know about TEFL courses
- How long does a TEFL course take?
- Is teaching English abroad worth it?
- Are in-class or online TEFL courses better?
- What qualifications do I need to take a TEFL course?
- Can I take a TEFL course as a non-native English speaker?
- I did a TEFL course a long time ago, do I need to do another?
- Does my TEFL certification expire?
- I have a teaching qualification, is a TEFL course necessary?
- What TEFL qualification do employers look for?
- How can I tell if a TEFL company is reputable with the right accreditation?
- Do I need teaching experience to do TEFL?
- How much does a TEFL teacher earn?
- What countries pay the best salaries to TEFL teachers?
- Will my food, accommodation and travel expenses be included with my TEFL job?
- Will I teach alone?
- Can I teach English with my friend / boyfriend / girlfriend / partner?
- Can I teach English abroad with children?
- Can I TEFL with my pet?