Teach English in Taiwan for 12 months
47,000 – 60,000 (NTD) Taiwan Dollars (US$1,550-US$2,000/€1,300-€1680/£1,200-£1,550)
Opportunity to teach learners aged three to 16 years
Lessons run from Monday to Saturday
Employer training workshops & career mentorship
Balance. That’s what we love most about what English teaching jobs in Taiwan promise.
A cool mix of big cities and the tropics, ancient and modern, work and play, Taiwan more than delivers its fair share of possibilities for TEFL teachers.
Despite its rapid growth in the 21st century, Taiwan remains true to its cultural ancestry, giving you plenty to look forward to inside and outside the classroom.
But, don’t let its charming, local feeling fool you; the ESL job market here is hot.
Pour yourself a strong cup of oolong and stay awhile—you’re about to get talked into teaching in Taiwan!
Apply if you are:
- Aged 21 - 35
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- TEFL qualified (Min 120 hours recommended)
- Owner of a clean police record
- In good mental and physical health
- Passport holder from America, Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland or New Zealand
- Having teaching experience is a bonus
- Have dedication, cultural flexibility, organization, respect, creativity, enthusiasm and professionalism
Before starting your exciting new TEFL job teaching English to children and school students in Taiwan, you’ll be required to hold a minimum of 120 hours of TEFL training.
Master the key techniques of teaching English through total language submersion as well as develop your skills and understand what’s expected of you as an English teacher.
How it works
Before you go, you’ll have an application form to fill out and documents to submit, a video chat and then you’ll be on your way.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
You will provide high-energy learning experiences for your students.
- You can expect to teach English ~26 hours weekly to your students, leaving you ample time (~15 hours) to prep new games and activities, grade papers, and provide in-class help to your co-teachers.
- Teach Taiwan young learners from primary age to teenage students
- Six-day working week Monday to Saturday (Sundays off)
- Two-week long cultural and training orientation
- Higher hourly rate for classes with more than 20 students
- Full housing assistance to find your perfect apartment
- Completion renewal bonus at 18 months of NT$10,000 (US$360/€300/£260)
- Improve students’ conversational English in an entertaining and engaging way