Our mission is to develop the pathway for children living in rural regions of Africa to become integral members and leaders in society through quality education.
We are committed to cultivating the potential of each child through a range of opportunities in primary school to prepare them for the next level of education, and to support those efforts through secondary school scholarships.
- Live with the local community to experience Malawi in all its beauty
- Tutor small groups of learners in math and English (ESL) during the school day at our Primary School
- Partner with a malawian teacher to ensure students are receiving the best education possible
- Co-teach the after school English Activity Class and other activities offered at the school
- Experience of a lifetime in a rural community in Africa
- No fee for joining us – you just pay your own flights and trips
- Housing provided (a shared bedroom in the volunteer house, which provides running water, shower, and solar electricity, a private lavatory)
- Airport pick-up and full orientation
- Fluent in English
- Minimum two years of college experience, university diploma encouraged
- Cross-cultural experience
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- Minimum of three months cumulative volunteer/public service experience
- Experience working in a team
- Medical emergency insurance
Please submit a cover letter, your resume, and essays. References will be requested of shortlisted candidates.