Website Teach in South Korea in Summer 2016
Our goal is improving the English-speaking abilities of Korean students and teachers.
You’ll be required to teach conversational English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. All the contracts we propose have a duration of 12 months. You’ll teach 22 classes per week (1 elementary class would be 40 minutes & a middle or high school class would be 50 minutes each). The working hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. You won’t be working on weekends. A government policy is helping teachers who work in the countryside, providing a higher salary than the ones who work in larger centers. We will be available for support throughout your employment contract. Different schools are available, in Seoul and in various locations around the country, also in the countryside (at the conditions described before).
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Free housing provided by the Program (utilities not included)
- Entrance Allowance of 1.3 mil won to purchase a one-way ticket
- Exit Allowance of 1.3 mil won
- Paid vacation for 18 working days plus 13-15 National Holidays
- Medical insurance and pension, 50% of which is covered by the Program
- Higher salaries for teachers who choose to work in rural locations 40 hour work week with roughly 22 teaching hours a week Monday through Friday work schedule.
- Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
- Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office/school
- Passport holder of Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, UK or USA
- Minimum education of Bachelor’s degree
- Under 55 years of age
- No criminal record
- Be mentally and physically healthy
Applicants must ALSO have AT LEAST ONE of the following qualifications:
- BA Degree in Education*
- Teaching license in your home country
- TEFL certificate 100 hours or more (The Program will give preference to applicants who have a 20 hour in-class teaching component)
- 1 year of full time teaching experience with the TaLK program
*If you have a BA in any other discipline you will need to get a 100+ hour TEFL certificate (The Program will give preference to applicants who have a 20-hour in class teaching component).