All volunteer-taught classes will be conducted in English, so Spanish-language skills are not required.
English teachers will also teach Math, Science, and Physical Education of course in English. Our teachers work Monday-Friday from 7:15am-2:10pm.
We accept applicants on a first come-first served basis, so those who apply sooner have a greater chance of getting the position.
If you would like more information, feel free to visit our website (see link below) or our Facebook page.
QUALIFICATIONS: To be fluent in English is the only requirement.
- English teacher positions are voluntary, so they are not paid positions. However, there is no required fee or donation for long-term volunteers at Cofradía’s Bilingual School- it is completely free.
- Accommodation is provided free of charge in a shared room in one of our volunteer houses, and breakfast and lunch are provided on school days.
- You will need to pay for your flight to and from San Pedro Sula airport and any travel insurance you need.
- You will also need enough money to cover additional living and travel expenses during your time in Cofradía.
- Most volunteers spend at least $100 per month while they are in Cofradía, plus any traveling that they do on weekends and holidays.
- Some volunteers choose to offset their living expenses by giving additional English classes after school.