Join us in one of the most important government efforts to ever take place in Colombian education. We are currently recruiting qualified volunteers, interested in teaching English as a foreign language to children and adults through the Teach English in Colombia ministry program , and at SENA, the largest vocational training center in Colombia.
Participating volunteers will be sponsored by the government and will have the responsibility of teaching or co-teaching English classes, conversation clubs, coaching teachers and other activities. This unique opportunity allows volunteers to develop a global mindset, effective communication skills, gain valuable personal as well as professional skills and impact the lives of the students they teach.
As a participant of the program you will share your knowledge, learn, grow, and experience a new culture all while creating positive social change!
• CV, Bio (with picture) and cover letter
• Native Level English speaker or non-native level English speaker with Level C1 certification
• College/University degree (graduated before June 2016)
• Health Clearance Certification
• Clean criminal record
• Letter of Recommendation
• International Insurance Coverage
• Experience of traveling and living in another country, especially in a Latin American
• Teaching experience
• Basic level of Spanish
All candidates should be hard working, social, adaptable, flexible, motivated and able to work independently.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
• A Monthly stipend of 1´500,000 COP (One and half million Colombian Pesos) to cover basic living expenses is provided
• US Dollar $400.00 application fee refundable upon program completion
• Courtesy housing for the first month at placement location
• Local health insurance
• A two-week, all-inclusive training and orientation course in Bogotá
• Airport pickup and transport to placement site
• In-country safety, social and cultural support for the duration of the program
• VISA assistance and pre-departure advising (in some cases VISA is paid for)
• A personal, professional and cultural development experience
• Help to open a bank account, purchase a cell phone and have internet access