Hi, we are an English school in Timóteo, in the southeast region of Minas Gerais, in Brazil. We are looking for a native English speakers who would like to teach English with us for 5 months or longer (next semester is August to December 2016). Timóteo is a peaceful town of about 70,000 inhabitants and forms part of the “Valley of Steel” industrial production area, where there is a high demand for English. Our students’ ages go from 7 to 70 and classes are divided by age groups with a max of 6 kids and 5 adults. The weekly teaching hours will be 26, to be sheduled upon arrival. References are available on request, you can speak to other teachers who are teaching here or have taught here.
- You must be sociable, adaptive and a people person,
- Only nonsmoking accepted,
- Experience in teaching English as a foreign language,
- University degree,
- Communication skills and travel experience are a must.
- Female preferred,
- TEFL certification is preferred.
- Free accommodation in a shared apartment with one roommate,
- Salary will be R$2250 per month (Exchange rate today U$1 = R$3.58),
- We offer a R$2250 bonus at the end of the contract to help cover airfare,
- We also pay R$150 (one hundred and fifty reais) a month to subsidize lunch on working days. In the afternoon teachers have a snack with us,
- We will cover a basic travel medical insurance for the period of the contract,
If at the end of the contract both sides agree to renew, salary will be discussed. It’s a great opportunity to meet new friends and make some money and extend your stay in Brazil!