Website English Assistant wanted in Germany
Home to about 120 students, who are organized in so-called “family groups” of up to 12 students.
We are currently looking for an English native speaker as Language Assistant in our school in Hofbieber, Germany. The assistant should be able to stay 11 months in Germany. You will be expected to participate in the school life, joining one of the “families”, supporting the teachers and teaching about 15 lessons a week, helping the students mastering the English language and preparing them for exams.
The Assistant will receive:
- 950 € monthly allowance minus costs for health insurance, food/lodging and social security (leaving 450 € after deduction of these costs).
- Will be accommodated in a single room in one of the teacher flats, possibly sharing the flat with other university students participating in the EFL program.
You will be encouraged to attend any classes you might be interested in (e.g. German as a Foreign Language) and to take part in extracurricular activities and field trips as a supervisor at no extra costs.
- English NATIVE SPEAKER;
- clean CRB check;
- ability to deal with teenagers and young adults unsupervised;
- teaching both small groups and one-on-one sessions;
- good knowledge of academic writing and grammar;
- moderate knowledge of German would be helpful;
- ability to participate in boarding school life